Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Keep Those Prayers Coming!

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

I am so thankful to everyone for your prayers and petitions on behalf of our family as well as the Mayernicks. We are living the effects of those prayers every day. Even though there have been some dark moments, we have felt God's presence and power. Your prayers have helped sustain us!

There are two things for which we ask you to pray specifically. First, we are planning on going into Kampala in the hopes of meeting the Minister of Gender, a necessary step in procuring Asher's passport. However, in order to do this, we must first have our court order signed and registered. As of now (5:00 p.m. on Wednesday), this has not happened. Please pray that by the time we get there tomorrow, the order has been registered and we are able to meet with the Minister. Otherwise, we will just come home and try again another time. Either way, it is important for Suzanne to meet with the Minister before she comes home on Friday.

The other prayer request involves my sweet, sweet Danny. Because of several things that are going on here, we are beginning to consider whether or not Danny should fly to Uganda next week to help me with Asher. For those of you who have been through this process (and many of you have been such an encouragement to us!), you know how hard this time can be...especially in a hotel room! We are still trying to work out the logistics of children, work, and finances, and we are not sure that we can make it "work." Just the thought, though, has been a huge comfort to me today. Please pray for direction and that God will work out all the details.

Again, I am so encouraged by all of your emails and comments. God has chosen to meet the needs of His children through the work of His children, and this has been so evident in my case. You all have been a huge blessing to me. I am so thankful for you!

5 comments:

  1. we will be praying for these specifics all day today. We are learning of God's providence this week financially, emotionally and spiritually. Praying that God will watch over your spirit, encourage you all, give clarity for decisions and provide every document you need and every person you need to talk to. "You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit." Job 10:12 We are SOOO blessed by watching your journey and your faith. It is encourages my heart to see these adoptions happening and these children on their way HOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dana, I know how hard it can be to make decisions based on uncertainties! May God grant you clarity and wisdom! We will all have our kids home soon, one way or another!!! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if I wasn't so lame on finding these blogs, I would be posting more often but I am praying often! What a journey this has been for you there without your soulmate, Danny. Though you are separated by miles, your hearts are knit with His love and His vision for your sweet family. I am sure you are feeling the weariness that this time has brought. Praying you can keep your eyes on the prize, stay in the moment, and be captured by His love. The Lord your God is with you and many are praying for your quick return home with Asher Keck!! love and hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for all the specifics. I know Danny being there would be a super lift for you, but also realize the huge mountain to climb to make that happen. The good news: Our God can move that mountain as well as the Minister of Gender to accomplish all the purposes intended. Let's agree in the precious name of our Jesus that this will happen! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The possibility of Danny going is so exciting! I know you long to see his smiling face and have help with your sweet boy. Know that the kids will be fine if that works out. All of us will make sure to give them an extra hug. Can't wait for you to be home and to hear all your stories first hand. Love my baby for me!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete