Thursday, September 10, 2009

Halfway There!

Well, I am sitting in the Amsterdam airport (I love tulips!) waiting for my connection to Entebbe, Uganda. We have just received news that there has been some rioting in Kampala (where we are headed), and so we have been advised to spend the night in Entebbe to avoid traveling at night. Normally, I would be worried about this, but instead, I am just so excited to get to Asher! Nothing is robbing me of my joy today (or tonight...who knows?). I know that God has been before these events, that He is in the midst of these events, and that He is my Fortress. I will rest in that today.

Yesterday was a different story, though. As Danny dropped me off at the airport, I wept like a little child. I am not even sure why, but I think it had to do with experiencing this journey without him. It made me realize that I depend upon him a lot more than I thought I did. Today is Danny's birthday as well. If you read this and you see Danny, give him a kiss (he'll love it!) and tell him Happy Birthday for me. I miss him terribly.

All that aside, I am one day away from running to Asher and picking him up in my arms and saying, "I love you, son!" Nothing can rob me of that joy...it will be a little glimpse of heaven on earth...and it's one day away!

Love to all!

5 comments:

  1. I'm crying too! Praying for your safety and that precious moment when you get to hold him!

    Happy Birthday to Danny! Daddy with the mostest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so excited for you! Praying for you as well, and praying for Uganda! Can't wait to see pictures of you with your sweet boy in your arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MRS. KECK!! This is Grace and Presley!
    We miss you soooo much already! Class is just not the same without you!
    Thank you so much for keeping us posted. We are praying for Asher and your time spent with him! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    WE LOVE YOU!
    grace and presley

    PS Mrs. Wampler is funny but your humor is missed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying as I read this knowing that you are probably with your little guy right now! You are COVERED in prayer at CPA! May the Lord bless you and protect you all.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying sister ... i am sure you are holding Asher by now !!! love ya

    ReplyDelete