Friday, September 25, 2009

Another Funny (Sad?) Story

Asher and I spent the day in town with Mark, Suzanne, and Renee. We trekked through the back streets looking for a shop with soccer jerseys and finally found it. Andrew, you will love it! We then headed to Ozzie's for lunch. Asher had his first grilled ham and cheese. While he really enjoyed it, he says his favorite is still pizza. That's very good for him because we eat quite a bit of Roma's and Nashville Pizza Company at home!

After our little outing, we decided to settle down and watch Monsters, Inc. in the hotel room. When it was time for Asher to go back to Amani, I told him to finish up what he was doing and that we would leave when he completed the puzzle. Of course, it was taking him a very long time to finish, so I jumped in to help, only to find the letter A missing. I told Asher not to worry about, that I would find it later, and off we went. When I was getting ready for bed that night, I found the puzzle piece hidden in my shoe. Asher had put it there hoping that he would not have to go back if we didn't finish the puzzle. Like so much of this trip, part of me wanted to laugh while the other part wanted to cry.

We go to court on Monday at 2:00 p.m., 6:00 a.m. for you Nashville folks. Please pray for this court date to go well and for a verbal and written ruling, the cry of our hearts, but first and foremost that God's will be done.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed and/or loved on my family. Hugs and kissses!

6 comments:

  1. Well. I am just a little behind the times in the blog world. I am so glad Shelly Francis started a blog site and posted your blog so I could just click right to you. I am beyond pathetic in my computer skills. Praying for the court date to go smoothly as the Ruler of all courts presides over your case and your hearts! Praying for the extended time that has been given to you, (Ok, so a gift of time, maybe?) allows for the knitting of your hearts to continue. Oh thank you Lord, for the great things You have done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana, You have been in our heart and prayers during this whole trip. So sweet to see our Asher and hear stories about him. Merriman Road is also lifting you and your group up in prayers.
    God's will be done. Bring our little boy home soon. We love you. Love Mom and Dad Keck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hon, Think of you all the time. Danny and the kids are doing real good. Haven't seen that much of the boys but Sylvie is so grown up and responsible. Seems to have all of her stuff quite organized daily. I'm sure the guys are doing the same. I will be praying for all of you that court goes well. You know me-I'll be up most of the night thinking of you and Asher. Hurry home to us. I'm so very proud of you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet Asher. Precious and totally heartbreaking!

    Praying like crazy for your court date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet friend,
    When it is all said and done....and Asher is home and in your arms....I am sure you will still cry and laugh all at the same time...for the experience has been heart wrenching and yet heart swelling. The Lord has forever changed you...and I am so thankful He used you to bless and change our family. much, much love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana,my friend,
    You are missed and your family is being loved well. We all are praying for the mountains to move and for you and Asher to return quickly! Know you are missed! And, maybe Shannon would like you to bring back one of those geckos (Do I add an "es" to an "o" word?) for her classroom. Could you get it through costoms? Blessings to you daily!
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete