Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wealth Beyond Measure

We leave for Spring Break tomorrow, and we still do not have our referral. In an effort to be "close" to our son, I find myself searching Amani's website and looking for pictures of these beautiful children, and I am struck by something extraordinary: though living with very little material possessions and comforts of this world, these children are singing, laughing, and smiling those amazing smiles! They are filled with joy! These pictures remind me of a passage I just read from Tozer's The Pursuit of God:

When the Lord divided Canaan among the tribes of Israel, Levi received no share of the land. God said to him simply, “I am thy part and thine inheritance,” and by those words made him richer than all his brethren, richer than all the kings and rajas who have ever lived in the world. And there is a spiritual principle here, a principle still valid for every priest of the Most High God.
The man who has God for his treasure has all things....Many ordinary treasures may be denied him, or if he is allowed to have them, the enjoyment of them will be so tempered that they will never be necessary to his happiness. Or if he must see them go,...he will scarcely feel a sense of loss, for having the Source of all things he has in One all satisfaction, all pleasure, all delight.


I am reminded that I too have been an orphan and that I have now been given a rich inheritance! Whether in Africa or America, our riches are not in the things of this world. God, thank you for your love, grace, and mercy! Please give the children at Amani a double portion of Your great wealth today! Let them know they are dearly loved. And let our son know we will be there soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We went Amani yesterday and i saw SOOOOO many kids that would fit well with your family...the only thing was i didn't know what age you wanted/applied for...??? just email my mom and next time we go i'll be narrowing down....haha...the orphanage is BEAUTIFUL! we have so many pics....ill bring my camera to school or if i have the pics printed i will bring them....or i can email them when i get back to the US...email id probably the best way of communication because its free...so if u have any questions about Amani or whatever email me or my mom... :) have fun in France!

    Grace M.

    ReplyDelete