Monday, March 9, 2009

Toilet Paper, Police, and Doughnuts

At one o’clock in the morning, our doorbell rang. It was the police. Behind them we saw our yard covered in toilet paper…and I mean our entire yard! The police wanted to know if we were going to press charges. We just laughed. This is the sort of thing that happens when you teach middle schoolers! We woke the next morning at 7:00 a.m. to this sight:



And this...



Have I told you that we absolutely LOVE our jobs?! We love these kids and their precious families! And we love the doughnuts they brought us for breakfast! It was a fun morning! I cannot wait for our forever son to join this crazy bunch!

6 comments:

  1. Dana - thank you for posting ISA in your sidebar. Maria and I are best friends for over 13 yrs! Seeing her button on a blog brought tears to my eyes and praise to our King!

    Have a blessed day!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post!!! haha
    love,
    Grace Mayernick and Caroline Crunk (aka 2 of the rollers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that was so much fun and those picture are great!!! Obviously you can't see me but I'm right above everyone in the tree in the last picture
    Love,
    Kathleen (aka 1 of the ( 1 of the 2 left behind) rollers!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The pictures are hilarious!! :) Your trees look beautiful! I'm excited about following your adoption!

    love,
    Jessica (another roller!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GREAT! We will definitely be doing this again!!! :) What a great story... Well, I hope your adoption goes well. Your family is in my prayers!
    Love,
    Mary Caroline (another J.D.G.--and ROLLER!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! that is soo funny! I am excited that you are going to adopt!

    Love,
    Caroline aka:one of the rollers who were left behind.. :)

    ReplyDelete