Friday, March 6, 2009

How God Moved This Mountain

For me, it began at Andrew Peterson’s “Behold the Lamb” concert when Bebo Norman shared about Compassion International. Then, in January, Katie Davis came to speak to our school about her ministry called Amazima and how God was moving in Uganda. I can tell you that God met me there in that sanctuary and before we left, the seeds for adopting from this beautiful country had been planted.

I don’t think I was completely aware, though, of how God had also been working in Danny’s heart. Danny spent a week last summer at an orphanage in Honduras, and since that time, he too was opening up to the idea of adoption. So, when I came home and told him that I felt God calling us to adopt, he was right there with me.

However, I really saw God’s hand in the whole event when I attended a women’s retreat at our church two weeks later. I was able to catch up with a dear friend of mine, Lindsay Doyle, who had just moved to St. Louis so her husband could finish seminary. When I told her that Danny and I were thinking about adopting from Uganda, she began to cry. She and Ryan had been wrestling with the same decision! I told her about Erin Littleton, a sister in Christ who first told us about Amani Baby Cottage, and Lindsay promised to check into it. It has only been one month since that conference, but we have both been approved to adopt from Amani! Not only that, but we should have our referrals within a few weeks, and we should have our children home by this summer!

God truly can move mountains! His timing is perfect! And He is mighty to save!

2 comments:

  1. hey dana! Do you mind if i link your blog to mine? Lemme know! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,
    I saw your blog link from Erin's blog. My husband and I are about to start the process to adopt a baby girl from Ethiopia. I cannot wait to watch as God works your lives to bring your precious son home. I will certainly be praying for you!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete