Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sam and Esther

I first saw this video on someone else’s facebook page (thank you, Suzanne and Karen!), and it was another one of those moments that God used to break my heart and turn it toward Uganda. I must admit, though, it is VERY difficult to watch. Yet, I can honestly say that, after watching it, I am forever changed. I pray that I will never forget Sam and Esther and the millions of children in their same situation. It is hard for me to fathom that we live in a country where food goes wasted in my pantry, where my children fight over what dessert to eat, where I stop for Starbucks whenever I want, and yet there are children literally starving in the dusty roads of Africa. Before I watched this video, I felt that Danny and I could not financially support another child, that it wouldn’t be “responsible” for us to take on more than we could afford. Now, I look at what we can and cannot afford differently: we cannot afford to sit in our house and store up treasures for ourselves while God’s children are dying; we cannot afford to say we will pray for the hungry and the homeless without being willing to help. God tells us that whatever we do for the least of His children, we do for Him. His children are calling…


1 comment:

  1. yep, sister i saw this a couple of weeks ago ... it is heartbreaking and mind changing ... we will change our little part of the world here .. we will speak up for those who can not speak for themselves !!!! check out my post ... i went public !!!!

    ReplyDelete