Thursday, March 19, 2009

We Have Our Referral!

We just got in town last night from our Spring Break trip to France where we had an amazing time with the families who went with us (Look for pictures soon!). When I got home, I happened to reread my last blog and was blown away by God's faithfulness. Let me explain...

As soon as we reached the U.S. and got our phone to work, I called sweet Mary with Amani. That's when I heard the good news...we had a referral! She told me the little boy's name is Asherife (sometimes spelled Asheraff) and described him as a "precious" and "sweet" child. She told me that a few days ago, Asherife came up to the director of Amani with a big smile on his face and told her that he was getting on an airplane and going on a trip! She said this was rather amazing as he doesn't even know he has a forever family yet. While I laughed and giggled when I heard this, I don't think I realized the significance of Asherife's words until I got home and read the last line of my last blog written the night before the left: "And, God, please let our son know we will be there soon." Wow! We prayed that he would know we were coming, and the next week he tells the ladies at the orphanage he's going home. Thank you, God, for answering prayers!

Danny and I have decided to keep Asherife's name since he was old enough to remember it when he came to the orphanage. Therefore, we are going to call him Samuel Asher Keck: Samuel, after Hannah's son whose name means "Heard of God"; and Asher, short for Asherife and the name of one of the twelve tribes of Judah. Just as He did with Hannah, God has truly heard our hearts and answered our prayers!

We don't know anything else right now, but we are supposed to get more info soon. Tears come to my eyes as I am overwhelmed by God's faithfulness. We can't wait for you to meet our new son, Samuel Asher Keck!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Dana! I love hearing stories like that! Isn't God amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Dana! So excited for you guys! Can't wait for you to go get your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Praise the Lord, I am so happy for you. Bless you all, can't wait to hear all about it, and France too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your referral! I don't know you, but I know Asherif and he is a great kid! :) I volunteered as the adoption coordinator for a short period of time last year.
    Ditte (from Denmark)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! im SOOOOOOOO excited! i do't remember seeing him but Michael says he does....see you monday!

    Grace Mayernick

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thrilled for you and for Asher. He looks so full of life in the pictures and I can't wait to see how he adds to your family. Love ya!
    Elizabeth Dykstra

    ReplyDelete