Thursday, July 9, 2009

Taste and See That the Lord is Good!

Well, as soon as I said that we couldn't get our affidavits in time to get a court date before the judges go on break, God stepped in and proved me wrong! Mary called this morning to say that the affidavits had been emailed to me and that if I could get them to Uganda by the first of the week, there was still a chance that we could be assigned a date before the session break. I high-tailed it down to the Fed-Ex store, and the papers are guaranteed to arrive by Monday at 6:00 p.m. That gives us ONE WHOLE DAY for the judge to assign us a court date... a long shot, but a shot nonetheless!

This is our prayer: that the "Wind of God" (a phrase from my dear friend with whom I prayed yesterday) would blow through the courthouse and that God Himself would cause the judge to give us a court date before he leaves. We boldly go before the Father with this petition, knowing that our final plea is that His will be done for His glory alone. I am resting in the assurance that God is enough and that He is the Author and Finisher of our journey to Asher.

Right now I am just tasting and seeing that the Lord is good! Praise Him for His love, grace, and faithfulness to His children!

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! So excited for you guys! The Brenner's are praying too. May see you Sunday! We are coming to Nashville for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be praying in Texas. Our small group is coming over tonight to pray over our new house, some of the group going on a mission trip and now I will add Asher's paperwork! Love you and miss you. Wish I could be there to see all of you when you bring Asher home. But I will see you via this internet thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! I will keep that paperwork along with your family & of course, sweet little Asher in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so encouraged for you and by you. I will pray that the Lord Most High will move the heart of the Ugandan judge. Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete