Tuesday, July 14, 2009

God is Good, All the Time...

...All the time, God is good!

As many of you know, we have been praying fervently for our affidavits to get to Uganda in time so that we could get a court date before the judges went on session break. When we mailed our papers, we were guaranteed that they would arrive by 6:00 p.m. on Monday night. Since that time, our whole family has been on pins and needles waiting to hear if we got the court date.

Well, I tracked the affidavits as soon as I got back in town from visiting Danny's family and was stunned to see that the package was never delivered. Every party involved has an explanation as to what happened, but the end result is the same: no affidavits, no court date. This means that we have to wait another month until the judges come back to work before we can get a court date or make plans to travel. While my flesh is crying out over these turn of events, my spirit is resting in the truth that God is always good, His plans are always good, and He works all things for the good of those who love Him. It does not matter who is at fault because just as in the case of Joseph, "God intended it for good to accomplish what now is being done" (Gen. 50:20). I may not be able to see what good is coming from these circumstances, but that is okay because my God is good all the time, and I choose to put my trust in Him.

So, today I want to praise God for answering our prayers about the court date; I want to praise God for loving us and for never leaving us; I want to praise God for giving us His Spirit; I want to praise God for giving us Asher; I want to praise God for the work that is being done at Amani; I want to praise God for giving us such a special faith family; I want to praise God for His mercies that are new each morning; the list could go on and on! God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

How great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for
those who fear you.
Psalm 31:19

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13:5-6

5 comments:

  1. God is always good. He has brought us to a new place to a new group of people and I can already see Him using us. It is so humbling to think I'm really on His radar screen and he wants to use me. I fail so miserably all the time, but still he brings good out of it for His glory. Like you my heart aches at times for the familiar and what I want, but this adventure is really exciting at the same time!

    Our small group prayed for God's perfect timing for the paperwork for Asher. He has reasons we may or may not ever know but whatever they are they do include protection for both you, your family and Asher. Rest in this as protection as that has been one of my biggest prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you have blessed me! Thank you! It's almost like you are right here with us! How is your clan doing? Any word from Italy? Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay has a really cute blog, www.stowersfamilyblog.blogspot.com She has been writing all about their new life there. Robert & Char are good in St. Louis. Grace is in Knoxville finishing her Masters. She starts teaching school like a real teacher in August! My baby girl is all grown up! You can follow my blog, too www.gigiandgrandyinkaty.blogspot.com No one hardly ever comments on my blog but when they do, I'm thrilled. Of course I don't have fun things like a new child in the family to keep people posted about! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that you didn't get the court date but so admire your trust in God's timing and plan. We're still praying for you ALL and can't wait to see how God gets Asher HOME!

    Your words and comments on my blog have been such a source of encouragement to me. I am blessed so much by you and am not even sure if we have met in real life or not:)

    We'll continue to pray for you all. God is doing great things through all of these miracles he is bringing to their forever families.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dana!
    Thanks for commenting on our blog! We are so happy to keep in touch with you and to read about all the exciting things God is doing in your lives, too. We will be praying for you!
    We cannot wait for you to come in March. Please keep us updated about your trip, we'd love to see you!
    God bless,
    Ross and Lindsay Stowers

    ReplyDelete