Sunday, July 19, 2009

News from Auntie Emily

For the past few days I have been "changing gears." Danny and I had been expending so much energy into getting ready to leave that there was little room for anything else. We were getting shots, making arrangements for the kids, figuring out what we needed to pack, making copies, mailing papers, etc. We were caught up in the "What if?" and the "How about?" phase of traveling and bringing home our little guy. But, all of that planning was for naught, at least for the next six weeks.

Therefore, I am changing gears! With all of that planning behind me, I have had more time to actually miss our Asher. I have found myself looking at pictures and reading notes that volunteers have sent us in an effort to feel close to him. And then today I received this sweet word from Auntie Emily. Her timing is perfect! Here it is:

Asher is in LOVE with his picture book... like completely obsessed! Every day he says, "Auntie Emily, I want to show you my book!" And if it is during preschool, he will wait patiently until free time and then run to the office to get it! He has shown all the aunties, and the mommas, and pretty much everyone he comes in contact with! He knows all his brothers' and sister's names, and the other day he drew a dog in pre-school and said it was Belle. He is so excited to go to America and can't wait to meet you!

These words were music to my soul! He knows our names! He is longing to come home as much as we are longing to have him home! Thank you, Jesus, for preparing ALL of our hearts. Your timing truly is perfect!

6 comments:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you. I'm praying your hearts will be totally bonded as you prepare all your family for this new brother. This time while difficult will bring all the more sweet reunion when you finally get to bring him home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! I cannot even imagine the emotions that Asher is feeling right now. What a blessing to have had the ability to send him photos of his forever family! Can't wait to see him join your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just heard about Asher!!!!!I'm so excited for the entire Keck family. I know you are about to bust with excitement. I am praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I just spent the last hour reading your blog. I am so excited for you all and so thrilled with what God is doing in your lives. I loved reading about Asher and seeing his beautiful face. I have butterflies in my stomach as I think about your union with this little guy. Our prayers are with you and your family!!!!
    Ann Pack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness that is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete