Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It is Enough

Other than a few pictures, I have not posted in a while. There has been so much stirring in my spirit and so many hopes welling in my heart that I just could not put it all into words. It appears that God in His sovereignty has not given us a court date before the break. Even if we get papers tomorrow, we will not be able to get them back to Uganda before the court dismisses for a month. This news makes me feel a little like Elijah who saw God rain down fire from heaven and then ran and hid in fear of Jezebel. We often wonder how Elijah could so quickly forget where his strength and refuge really came from. Well, now I know...I guess you could say that I too had forgotten who was orchestrating this whole story.

But today changed all of that. I was able to meet with two dear ladies to pray for Asher and the other children coming home from Uganda. It was during this time that one of the ladies reminded me that the Wind of God could move through the courthouse and law offices and with a blink of an eye have the papers done. She reminded me that God in His sovereignty could change the hearts and minds of men at His pleasure. He is, after all, the God of Moses and David and Elijah! She continued to pray that I would sacrifice these desires of my flesh and yield them to God in an act of worship and praise. With boldness she prayed that the Wind of God would move in Uganda, but that ultimately God would do whatever would glorify Himself the most.

By the end of our prayer time, God had regenerated my spirit so much that I was able to stand up to my "Jezebels" and to walk boldly in the sovereignty of God. Thank you, dear friends, for your prayers!

So, while we still do not have the affidavits from the lawyer nor a court date, we have confidence that we are walking in God's will and that He is totally in control of all that is happening both in Uganda and at home. And that is enough.

2 comments:

  1. We don't have to know. He knows and that is way more than enough. Rest in that, Sweet Sister, sit back and watch Him work. It is so beautiful to see. I know you know this, but it is so right for this: "I know the plans I have for you, Dana, Danny, Owen, Mac, Silvie and Asher. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans for a future and hope." Jer. 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Connie! I love you!

    ReplyDelete