Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We Got It!

I have been going ninety-to-nothing today, but I wanted to make a quick post...we got our court date! We go to court on September 14 and travel on September 10.

As usual, I had trouble sleeping last night because I was waiting to get "the call." With Jinja being eight hours ahead, I knew that their business day was winding down as ours was winding up. When the alarm rang and I hadn't gotten a call, I knew another opportunity had come and gone, and off to work I went.

I was beginning my first class when Suzanne (another mom adopting from Amani) rushed in the room and said that we had both gotten court dates...on the same day! My kids were so sweet and all celebrated with me. I have to admit I ran door to door, telling the good news. I was blessed by everyone's reaction of excitement and joy. It was a moment I will never forget!

However, in the midst of my celebrating, my heart is heavy for my dear friend Lindsey. She is still waiting on her court date. She celebrates with us, but I know we had always planned on traveling together. Will you please join me as I pray, pray, pray for her to get her court date SOON?! God can certainly bless both of our families in this way, and this is our heart's cry. Either way, we both want God's will to be done...His timing is perfect as is His love for us.

We're going, though! We're really going! Asher, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I celebrate with you and will be praying for you! We are waiting for our I600A approval! Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and Danny. Asher is one blessed little boy and your family will be blown away by the blessings adoption brings. We'll be praying for your travels. If you have any questions about bringing home an older child, please feel free to call me!

    Ally Pedicini

    ReplyDelete