Monday, August 17, 2009

Gift from Connie

Today I received the most precious gift in the mail. Our dear friends, Connie and Mark Stowers, recently moved to Texas, but Connie has faithfully followed our blog and offered words of encouragement for our journey. Well, if any of you know Connie, you know she is also a quilter extraordinaire. I knew she had been working on a gift for Asher, but I really didn't know what it was, especially when she said she needed a picture. I couldn't imagine what she would need his picture for; however, I knew that if Connie had anything to do with it, it would be special. And indeed it is! Check out this fabulous quilt made by my dear friend Connie (double click on the picture to see larger image):



The quilt is made of the cutest fabric with jungle animals at the beach. Here are some of the squares up close (again, double click for larger image):





On the back of the quilt is this precious note from Connie (please double click picture if you can't read it):


I think this note is my favorite part of the whole quilt. First, I love the inclusion of our life verse for Asher: "The Lord your God is mighty to save." Second, I love the phrase "Child of the Covenant." Asher is now a member of the Keck family, but more importantly, he is now a member of God's covenant family. The significance of this phrase for his life and for my life brings tears to my eyes. Thank you, Jesus!

And thank you, Connie, for such a special gift. We will treasure this quilt for the rest of our lives. It is a testimony to God's goodness to us all for bringing our full family together. Hugs and kisses to you!

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is amazing. I can just see him sitting with all of you this winter wrapped up in this quilt-a treasure, indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Connie is so talented. The attention to detail is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete