Sunday, August 30, 2009

Counting Down

Just a quick update...we have gotten our flights and are good to go. I fly out on the tenth with Suzanne and Mike (who are adopting little Josie Love) and our friend Renee. Renee knows of Katie Davis's ministry and has wanted to help support her and all that she is doing. Because of that and the fact that she is just a sweet, sweet person with a heart for the Lord, she has agreed to go with us and help us document this most special occassion. She will be my "roomie" while we are there. I thank God for His provision once again!

We are still working out the details of taking care of three children, a dog, five classes of eighth graders, and a husband while I am away for potentially an entire month. I cannot tell you how blown away I am by everyone's concern and willingness to help. We have gotten a great interim teacher to take my place (and then Danny's while he stays with Asher) while I am gone. Wonderful neighbors and church friends are taking care of Belle, the beagle. Countless people are helping out with kids after school to make sure they get everywhere they need to be while Danny is coaching football. If any of you saints are reading this, please know how THANKFUL we are for you. May God richly bless you as you have blessed our family. It's because of you all that I can even go.

Besides making preparations, I have been an emotional roller-coaster. If any of you have adopted before, please let me know if this is normal. I vascillate between overwhelming joy and excitement to sadness for no reason at all. I cry at the drop of a hat. I think it's because I am acutely aware that life as we have all known it is about to change forever. When I leave in ten days, it will be the last time that we will ever be a family of five. That is an overwhelming feeling. On the other hand, we are bringing home our son! And the cycle begins again!

As we prepare to leave, please pray for traveling mercies, for no sickness, for bonding between me and Asher, and for all details to be taken care of. We specifically pray that no detail will delay our coming home in a timely manner. God is sovereign, and He has been before, in, and through this whole process. May He safely bring us all home!

4 comments:

  1. Count on my prayers! I'll follow the blog all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for all six of you daily. Praying for every detail to go smoothly, for a joyous time between now and your trip, a really sweet time with Asher while you are in Africa and a peaceful rest once you are all under one roof. We are SO, SO excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's pretty hectic at the Keck house just like it is here...!! Oh well...it's a good hectic :) I CANNOT WAIT to bring those babies home! see you at school...whenever that may be!!

    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mrs. Keck!
    I miss you so much! Our whole English class can't wait for you and Asher to come home! I am praying that everything will go well and that Asher can come home soon. I hope you have a good week!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete