Friday, June 26, 2009

Some Shout-outs

Several years ago, two of my favorite radio show hosts--Rick and Bubba--hosted the Dove Awards. Knowing how much I liked these guys, one of my students (thanks, Quinn!) met them and talked them into giving me a "shout out" on the radio. Needless to say, it made my whole day! Now, this isn't nearly as exciting as that, but I do have a couple of "shout outs" of my own to give:

1. Dan and Dee Anne Proctor

Dan went to Uganda this week and offered to take a present to Asher. I showed you pictures of our getting the present ready. Here are pictures of the package en route to Uganda.

Danny handed off the presents (one for Asher and one for Judah) to Dee Anne...

...who in turn handed them off to Dan and his friend Doug. Here
they are in the airport at 4:00 in the morning!

2. Ladies of the Premier Design Party

Dana wanted to host a Premier Design Jewelry Party as a benefit for Asher, and Leslie agreed to have the party at her house. We had a fun time!


3. Sydney and Keaton

One of Owen's best buddies and his sister set up a shaved ice stand in their front yard to raise money for Asher's adoption. It was awesome!

Sydney and Keaton are ready for customers!

Here they come!

We even dropped by for some yummy shaved ice!

Thanks to everyone for being part of our story! We appreciate you!

We are still praying for an early court date, although I must confess it looks slim. Please join us as we pray for our affidavits to get here in time for us to sign them and return them before the judges go on session break. Pray that we will be patient as we wait for God's perfect timing.


1 comment:

  1. it does take a village ... we are praying the concert is a huge success ...and then next week i am off to get all my shots for Uganda (yeah, NOT) ....we definitely need to do a family cook out soon ... I sent Joseph his picture book with a friend, who should be at the orphanage tomorrow ... I sure hope he is excited about his forever family !!!!

    ReplyDelete