Monday, May 25, 2009

Walking in the Truth

Danny and I took part in two graduations this past week: our eighth grade Crossover celebration and our high school graduation. Both were blessings! At Crossover, each of the teachers had an opportunity to say a blessing over several students. This year I even got teary-eyed as I had to say goodbye to a student who was moving away and whom we all loved dearly. Take a look at some of the pictures below:


Aside from Crossover, Danny and I participated in several graduation parties. The Fleet boys, Carter and Taylor, graduated this year, and Lynne and Bill threw a catfish party for them. We have watched as these two grew from middle school boys into young men graduating from high school. Celebrating their accomplishments was a special night indeed:


Carter and Taylor, Class of 2009


Suzanne getting ready to serve up some catfish!

The kids playing some croquet

Bill as he is about to say the blessing



Small Group men hanging out together

And the Small Group women

Our whole family...

Our graduation celebrations culminated with the graduation service itself. Every year our headmaster, Mr. Anderson, asks the faculty how we can tell if we have done what we were supposed to do; in other words, how do we know if our students are prepared? Is it by their SAT and ACT scores? Is it by the colleges into which they get accepted? Or is it their earning potential? No, he answers. We will know if we have done our jobs when, twenty (or two) years down the road, we can say this of our students: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth" (3 John 4). I have to admit, there is no greater joy than to see these young people grow in their knowledge of and love for the Lord. It is the reason that we teach.

This week has been a special one at CPA. Danny and I are blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family. We are proud of our graduates, both middle school and high school. And we are thankful for the opportunity to do what we do for such a time as this. Soli Deo Gloria!

3 comments:

  1. You have a great blog.
    I enjoyed reading it today.

    Be sure and stop by my blog and sign up for the "10 Giveaways" that I will draw for on Wednesday.

    Also, please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I could have been there for the Fleet party! It looks so fun! Love those people! Be sure you tell Lynn hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on your blog a while ago, like maybe the first or second post. Since then I have been following your story of bringing sweet Asher home. (I am friends with Erin Littleton if that gives you a reference point)
    Now I have a bit of a story but bear with me, it will be worth it. My husband and I are adopting from ET (about to start the process hopefully next week) tonight we were telling some family members about it and they started telling us all about these families they know that are adopting right now, finally they said your name and I just about fell out of my chair. So my husband's second cousins are Buzz and Jean Ellen Graham, she said she had your precious boys in her class. I just thought that was too crazy not to share. Of course we went on to talk about the Oatsvalls, who again I don't know just know about through Erin and a whole handful of other families. It really is a small world! Or God just has a crazy way of making connects happen.

    Praying for your family and for Asher as you wait to be in each others arms forever!

    ReplyDelete