Saturday, May 2, 2009

Raining Cats and Dogs

Well...the weather is yucky, but God is still good! I am off to get balloons for the garage sale signs. We have had to move all the items in the garage...quite a feat with a sofa, chair, coffee table, ficus tree, three sets of speakers, two guitars, paint ball and air soft supplies, a basketball goal, three baby seats, eight boxes of books, a bread maker, a tea set, racks of clothes, three tables of baby toys...you get the idea!

If you read this, please continue to pray for the weather and that God will bring people to our house anyway. Then, tonight Danny and I along with some friends are hosting Kids' Movie Night at the church. Pray for a good turnout there as well.

We are working hard and are tired, but ALL of it is worth it to bring our sweet boy home. I think of all of the things that Asher must have gone through in his short life, and I am ashamed to even be tired. In that sense, I am so thankful for the opportunity to work hard and to be tired and to feel "at odds." It gives me a glimpse into Asher's life as well as the lives of his little buddies. Thank you, God, for these opportunities to grow in you. Give me your grace today!

And bring the sun!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Dana,
    I am have been praying for sunshine. But, even if it rains-the Lord WILL provide. I am also praying for MANY children to come tonight to the kids night out! Hang in there--it is worth it!!!
    much, much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had SO SO SO SO SO much fun! thanks you so much for letting me help! if you ever decide to do one of those again (or anything else for that matter) count me in!
    love,
    grace

    ReplyDelete