Monday, May 11, 2009

Asher Knows!

I am so excited I can hardly contain it! Instead of telling you the story, I will let you read it for yourselves. Here is an email I received from Mary, the U.S. Foster Coordinator for Amani:

This weekend, Asher told the nurse, Siouxanne, that his family was in America. Siouxanne just assumed that he had been told about his family. So, she said "Yes, you do. Would you like to see their picture?" So, she showed him the book. Then, later, he was talking to Danyne's little girl, Diana.

Asher: "I have a family. They are in a book."
Diana: "What? In a book?"
Asher: "Yes, I have a family. They are in a book in the office."

Just had to share this story that I just heard from Danyne. He sounds so "clever," which means smart to us. "Smart" in Uganda means you are dressed nicely. Anyway, he has now seen your pics. Siouxanne thought someone had told him, but no one had. He just said his family is in America......that boy is READY! So sweet.

Blessings,
Mary

I cannot tell you how comforting this is to know. I can't really explain it, but somehow it feels "official" now that Asher knows. He knows! He really knows! He is no longer alone...he has his family! Praise the Lord!

"I will not leave you...I will come for you." John 14:18

1 comment:

  1. AWWW! i love me some amani kiddies! :) while we were there, i was told by a lady in the market, "OH! You ah so smaht! i like the way you dress!" haha..can't get much better than that! :) can't wait for asher to arrive!

    ReplyDelete