Sunday, October 4, 2009

On my Own in Africa

Well, it has been a while since I last posted, but it is rather hard to find time when it is just Asher and me…he likes to keep moving! Even at night, by the time I get him down, I am down for the count!

The last two days have been different for us because the rest of the gang has gone home. I must admit, I was nervous about entertaining Asher by myself all day in a hotel room. But the days have gone by relatively smoothly. Saturday was fun as we just hung out in the room, playing cards, listening to music, and enjoying some of Asher’s toys. We did go into town for lunch (thank goodness for Flavors!) and then spent the afternoon at Michelle and Adam’s house so that Asher could play with his friend Sterling. Dinner was at the hotel, and then we settled down to a bath and Barney.

Sunday was a very enjoyable day. As we were eating breakfast, I heard an older woman ask the staff if any of them knew where a local church was meeting. When the staff responded in the negative, I told her that Asher and I were on our way to church and we would love for them to join us. As it turned out, this couple is a missionary couple in a village outside of Kampala with the Rafiki (?) Project. Art and Nancy were very kind and invited the two of us to lunch. We went to a place called 2 Friends where they served pizza and had a very rude putt putt area with a swing set. When Danny gets here, we will definitely go back for a night on the town!

After lunch, we were able to go to Amani and play with Asher’s friends. I had a nice time talking to Mama Georgina and Mama Betty. They are sweet souls who love the children and the Lord. This was the first time that Asher really enjoyed going back without being fearful that I was leaving him. Perhaps this week we will be able to play with his friends at Amani even more.

I am getting so excited for Danny to arrive. However, my hear ACHES for my three children at home. When Danny was there, I missed them, but I never worried for them. All that is changing with Danny leaving. I pray God’s blessing over them for the week that we are both gone. A special thanks to all of you who are stepping in and loving them well, especially Sally and Tara.

I am eagerly waiting word on our written order and ruling. Prayerfully, Amy will call today with the news that we can move forward. As it was, we just sat for two weeks waiting for the verbal ruling, and we have been sitting for a week waiting on the written. It would be so much easier if we just had something to do! Danny leaves on the 11th, and we pray that we can leave with him. I know that God can move mountains…please pray with me that this will happen!

6 comments:

  1. Dana, I will be praying for you sister. I love reading your updates. Cannot wait until we can meet Asher. I will check on your children ans d we will do what we can to help. They will be well loved. Blessings to you, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the earth grumbling....is that those mountains moving? I pray so! Safe travels to Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your homecoming on the 11th! My cousin and her husband are missionaries at the Rafiki Village in Uganda. I'm sure they know the couple you went to church with. Know that you are the Pedicini's are praying for your family.
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet reunion it will be for you to see Danny, and Danny to meet his son!! You are all so loved as you have loved well! Prayers will continue for all that is needed to get you all home, and for the care of your 3 precious Kecks at home. love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the updates, hoping things fall into place soon! I am sure you will be just overjoyed to see Danny... can't wait to see some photos of him and his new son!! Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to find your blog. We just applied to adopt with Amani. We haven't heard anything yet and are eagerly awaiting to see what the Lord has in store for us.

    I will pray right now that the court proceedings and other paperwork moves with lightning speed so that you can bring your sweet new son home!

    Many blessings!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete