Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Danny and Written Order on Same Day!

There is so much to say, but I am too tired! Just know that today was fabulous! I felt like I was on vacation with my hubby. We got to tour the forest, take a piki into town, play soccer and hide-and-seek with Asher, visit with Katie and her girls, and finish the day with a candle-light dinner overlooking Lake Victoria. I am still amazed at how just having Danny here has changed my whole perspective: what was hard and fearful before is exciting and adventurous with him. What a blessing to have Danny here!

Wouldn’t you know that my camera would die just when Danny arrived and met Asher? Therefore, I have no pictures of his “gotcha” moment. That’s okay, though. It was very late and Asher was rather shy. I did charge my battery, and I have some great pictures of Danny and Asher playing this morning. Since I am unable to post pictures on the blog for some reason, I will post on facebook.

Danny and Asher are bonding quite well. Danny has been full of energy and optimism, always handling Asher with love and patience. His presence has truly been a breath of fresh air for both Asher and me. If I ever doubted that darling husband of mine, I will never do it again. His giftedness is shining through!

Amy called and said that our written order and ruling are in…woo hoo! I later found out that the letters are still not “sealed” (not really sure what that means), but we are headed to Kampala in the morning in the hopes of getting them sealed, meeting with Mr. Otim, and then heading to the Ugandan embassy to work on Asher’s passport. After that, all we have to do is get Asher’s visa and we are good to travel. While it is out of the question to fly home with Danny on the 11th, I am going to try to fly home with Lindsey and Ryan on the following Sunday. Please pray that I can do that.

There is so much more to say, but alas I must get to bed. I am still giddy that Danny is here, and I don’t want to be away from him for too long. He truly is my helpmate for life. Right now, life is pretty good!

8 comments:

  1. Just finished posting about Danny being there...and then saw you had done the same thing...love it!!!! And love that He has truly knit our hearts and families together through this journey!!! much, much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to you all. Enjoy this sweet time. The God of all comfort is demonstrating his kind love for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! We will continue to pray for the rest of the details and that you can fly home with Asher asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah....We will continue to pray for smooth sailing.....your journey with Asher has been a good reminder to me...God is in control!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, so excited for you guys! :) :) You're in the HOME stretch! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting. An answer to prayers. Praying for a quick process and a safe return home.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these pictures of Danny and Asher!! They made me cry with joy!! Mountains are moving, sister. God is SO good! I love how this experience has made us appreciate those we love so much more, don't you?! ENJOY these days with Danny, what a blessing! I would love to hear his perspective on the whole thing...maybe he should do a post before he leaves?? :) love you!

    ReplyDelete