Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Pictures of Asher

One of our students just got back from Uganda where she was able to meet Asher. Even though she didn't get to spend a lot of time with him, she was able to get a picture. Doesn't he look older than in any of the other pictures?





We also received an email from the U.S. foster coordinator for Amani who gave us a specific prayer request. I'm not sure I understand all the legal jargon, but I certainly appreciate any prayers that you all might lift on our and Asher's behalf, so here it is: please pray for the probation officer and a "clear moment on the docket to get [the custody papers] signed." We had received these papers early in the month and mailed them back to Uganda immediately. I have to confess that I thought the result would be quick and that we would have a court date in Uganda within the month. I am beginning to realize how ignorant I am of how the whole process runs and how the adoption may take longer than I originally thought. I can't tell you how much this hurts my soul. I really wanted to have Asher home at the beginning of the summer so that we could all get acclimated before school/work started back in the fall. It looks like it might take longer than that. Please pray for God's timing, no delays, and as Mary said, a "clear moment on the docket." I know that with God all things are possible and that nothing is too small. May He be glorified through the working out of these details! Your prayers and words of encouragement are so appreciated...and needed!

1 comment:

  1. Dana - Robert and I are following your blog. We will pray for a speedy process. Hopefully you'll have the whole summer with Asher - your entire family under one roof.

    ReplyDelete